Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Today's the day... brioche vest to become an FO

That's right. Today is my day off, so it's the day the brioche vest will be completed! I've been working on the buttonhole band this morning and have it almost done and half sewn on already. Once that's done, all that remains are the arm bands and sewing on the buttons. I must confess that I'm alternating the vest with an entrelac scarf that I started yesterday because the bands are just so darned boring!

So, what is it with scarves right now? It's nearly spring; it's almost 15c out there today and I'm making scarves that I really won't need until the fall/winter. What can I say? Like socks, they're a project that knits up fairly quickly, there's a minimum of finishing and they're a great project for experimenting with techniques and stitch patterns.

I'll post a progress picture of the entrelac scarf when I post one of the vest and eventually (when I get around to typing it out), I'll post the pattern as well. It's an alteration of the Lady Eleanor stole in the Scarf Style book. I've never done entrelac knitting before and I'm rather enjoying it. I'm using Noro Silk Garden again, in a more muted colourway this time and I think it will be a very nice scarf, rather rustic looking. I'm just not sure how long it intends to be.

Now, back to the knitting. *sigh* I really don't like that yarn........

No comments:

Post a Comment