Sunday, March 06, 2005

Another day, another project

I'm one of those people who can't simply start a project and work on it alone till it's finished. I've got 7 or 8 projects on the go at any given time. Here's one I started on Friday afternoon.



It's a Feather & Fan scarf that I'm doing in Noro Silk Garden. I love the colours; they're definitely my colours. Someone in the Clapotis KAL (knit along) commented about all the little threads and sharp things in the yarn. She was right; there's a lot of it in this yarn. I'm just going to go ahead and knit with it anyway and then wash it and see what happens.

Here's a close-up of the knitting. You can probably see some of the threads.



If it doesn't soften up after washing, I'll probably just us it as a decorative scarf rather than a wrap-it-round-my-neck-to-keep-me-warm scarf. I'm enjoying the knitting process, though. I've never done anything in the Feather and Fan stitch. It's simple. Here's how, for those of you who'd like to know.

CO 38 sts
Row 1: Knit
Row 2: Purl
Row 3: k1, {k2 tog} 3 times, {yo, k1} 6 times, {k2 tog} 6 times, {yo, k1} 6 times, {k2 tog} 3 times, k1
Row 4: Purl
Repeat to desired length.

That's it. I'm using Noro Silk Garden on 5 mm needles, but you can use any yarn of your choosing and needles to match. Use a fuzzy yarn, use a smooth yarn; use a plain colour, or use a variegated. It's all up to you.

3 comments:

  1. I don't think you should post patterns on line that you read from books. Copyright issue.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Feather & Fan is a stitch, not a pattern per se. As such, I don't believe it can be copyrighted. It can be found in many stitch libraries. I would not have posted it otherwise.

    As well, if you, the anonymous poster, do read this, please consider posting under your own name, rather than anonymously. I consider that the coward's way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi there,

    it's the coward again. pardon me but i read the exact same pattern (down to how many stitches to cast on) in the book "Scarf Style". Do you know it? It's also where you stole the entralac pattern but whatever. i'm sure that stitch is also in some stich library somewhere.

    i might be a coward but you are an ahole.

    bite me
    coward

    ReplyDelete