Friday, March 04, 2005

It's Friday

And that means it's almost the weekend.

Tonight we are hosting an appy night. It's a tradition that started at the last house we lived in. The upstairs suite (us and our boarders) and the downstairs suite (Rob & Carol). It was a way of enjoying the great deck and the great company. We don't have it every week, but it is a nice evening with good appies and way too much booze. Tomorrow (Saturday), we're bottling wine at Rob & Carol's. I think it's 60 bottles this time, both red and white.

On the knitting front, I didn't do much last night. We did watch two episodes of CSI, both of which were repeats and I went to bed by 10:00, when Law & Order: the Jury came on. For some reason, that one really doesn't interest me as much as the regular L&O or SVU or CI. It's the detective/cop part I enjoy rather than the courtroom part, I think.

Oh, Priska gave me a really interesting pattern book. It probably dates back to about the 1950's. It's a Paton's Beehive book called "Men's Socks". It contains an interesting pattern for "Innovation" socks (patent applied for, according to the book). Step 1 is a T-shaped piece; step 2 picks up stitches for the heel; step 3 makes the back of the sock, the heel and the sole and picks up and knits the toe. I may just have to try one for the fun of it. I'll post a pic of the book and the page describing the sock once I get all that figured out.



At the store, incidentally, I'm becoming known as the sock lady. I'm not sure why, though. Perhaps it has something to do with the fact that I've become addicted to making socks?

No comments:

Post a Comment