Monday, March 07, 2005

Corkscrews, ruffles... whatever

I've had a couple of people ask me about the pattern for the corkscrew scarf. It does seem to be available online and in other books, so I don't think it will matter too much if I post what I'm doing here, but it has been pointed out to me that it may well be copyright infringement so I've deleted the pattern. I'm not sure a technique can be copyrighted but... I've deleted the pattern and referring all readers to the book "Scarf Style" published by Interweave Press, edited by Pam Allen. I do not want to be stepping on anyone's toes. There. Enough said.

I'm using Elsebeth Lavold's Silky Tweed on 4 mm needles for my scarf and I'm really liking it, but it would be really nice done in just about any yarn that has a little bit of body. Changing the yarn and needle sizes will, of course, change the width of the scarf.

I'll work on mine a little more today, but I really want to finish the feather and fan scarf, as I'm down to the last quarter of the third skein. My arm and shoulder is bothering me today, though. (Let's just call it a recreational injury... enough said.) I shouldn't be knitting at all today, but I will anyway. Wednesday, as stated earlier, will be devoted to John's vest. I'll post pics of the finished vest Wednesday evening or Thursday morning.

After the two scarves and the vest are done, it will be back to socks. I'm working on two pairs, one for my daughter and one for myself. Here's a pic of the two socks that need mates.


The one on the left is for my daughter, made with Regia Multi Effekt Color #5376, in a k2, p2 rib and round toe. The sock on the right is from the Spring 2005 Interweave Knits and is made with Regia Silk in brown. Below is a closeup of the cable detail.


If you've never tried making socks with Regia Silk, I recommend trying it. It's a nice soft yarn that washes and wears well. It's only drawback is the limited colour choice.

Now, on with the day. I work this morning. I wonder what today will bring.

1 comment:

  1. Actually, it does matter that you posted a copyrighted pattern on your blog. If people have asked you for the pattern, you can refer them to the book.
    See http://girlfromauntie.com/copyright/index.php/89/ for more information about copyrights.

    ReplyDelete