Thursday, March 03, 2005

...and in addition

Did I mention that I also make creams, lotions and bath/beauty products? I do. However, this blog is not intended to be a sales platform. If there is mention of those products, it's only because they're part of my day; as they are today.

I made some hand lotion a couple of weeks ago and for some reason, it separated; not just once, but twice. So now, I've emptied the bottles once more and am about to warm up the lotion and re-whip it. Hopefully, that will fix it for good. If not, I'll just have to dump it and start over. Frustrating.

On the other hand, I did start the second skein of Silky Tweed on the corkscrew scarf. It's zipping along nicely, but I have a feeling it could become a boring project after a while. There's very little variation to it and it goes on for about 86". I suppose it's a good watching tv kind of project.

Incidentally, I'm off next Wednesday so that's the day John's vest will be finished. Then all I'll have to do is get buttons for it and that is no big problem. I don't mind checking out Fanny's Fabrics, after all. Who knows? I might just find another deal like I did for my knitting bag (half a meter of ultra suede for $5.50... it was enough to make a bag with some left over). It might even inspire me to start doing some sewing for myself again (not slacks, though; never could get them to fit right).

No comments:

Post a Comment