Friday, March 18, 2005

Another started object

This time it's the Meadow Blossom shawl from Knitter's Stash. I started it yesterday afternoon, and already I'm at the halfway point. The first half, however, starts with only 3 stitches. The second half will take a little longer. Here's a picture as it is right now.



It doesn't look like the perfect triangle at the moment because of the way I draped it over the couch.

And here's a close-up taken against the light so you can see the stitches better.



Because it's a garter stitch pattern, it's working up very quickly. I'm doing this one in Laine du Nord's Kiddy Prints Mohair. It's a pretty soft mohair that's knitting up very cozy. The colours in this yarn perfectly match the Audrey sweater, as intended. I'm thinking this shawl will be the perfect thing to wear with the Audrey top on those days it's just a little nippy around the shoulders.

Speaking of Audrey, it's hit a small snag, but I think that between Dianne and myself, we've figured it out. The pattern isn't the clearest in a couple of spots, but we agree on what the pattern's saying, so it's onward with Audrey! I'm up to the armhole shaping and the first row of the leaf pattern. Pictures to follow soon.

Now, it's time to vacuum this house. It's pretty bad when the dust bunnies take over. *sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment