Wednesday, March 16, 2005

An almost-finished FO

Yeah, I know... I shouldn't post it as an FO (finished object) until it really is an FO, but the knitting's done, the scarf has been blocked, so for all intents and purposes, the entrelac scarf is a finished object. The reason I wrote "almost-finished FO" is that it's really begging for tassels. John, Sally (my employer) and I agree; it needs tassels. Not fringe. Tassels. That means it needs one more ball of Silk Garden. At $12.95 a pop, this has become one expensive scarf; four balls for the scarf and one more for the tassels. I'd better enjoy it for many years. Or, if I decide it needs a good home, the person receiving it had darned well better appreciate it.

That's one of my pet peeves: people who receive hand-crafted gifts but don't realize how much time, effort, cost (some times) and love has gone into the gift they've received. And when you don't even get a proper thank you, well, that person just doesn't get hand-crafted gifts ever again. End of story.

So anyway, the entrelac scarf has been blocked, but it hasn't got it's tassels yet. I work this afternoon, so I'll pick up one more ball of SG and do the tassels tonight. Once that's done, I'll post a picture of it. I must admit, this is one beautiful scarf. The next thing to do is type up the pattern. I think I can manage that.

Now, to finish the ruffle scarf. Last night was SnB (read the Art of Yarn blog to find out how that went). I worked on the Audrey top. It's not much farther to the leaf border at the armholes. That's the part I'm looking forward to. If I keep going at this rate, I'll actually be able to wear it this spring/summer. Once I've started the leaf section, I'll post a progress picture. Now I'm keeping my eyes open for a simple cardigan or perhaps even a shrug or shawl to wear with it when it's just a little too cool for a sleeveless top. Just looking. I haven't seen anything that I really, really like so far.

That's enough for today. I have a little bit of kitchen clean up to do and then I can sit and knit for a couple of hours! The ruffle or Audrey? Audrey? Ruffle? .... hmmmmm... decisions, decisions.... OR there's that cardigan I started for Trinity's birthday.... oh dear...

No comments:

Post a Comment