Thursday, March 03, 2005

7:20 a.m. and the sun is shining

Another beautiful day in paradise!

Ok, we had some cloud yesterday and there's supposedly some rain in the forecast for this week. Right now, though, the sun is making it's way into my "computer room", which is in actuality, a kitchen in the upstairs suite. There are those (Jane, you know who you are) people out east who are still buried under the snow, but it seems spring has arrived in the Okanagan. We did have some frost last night, but we've already had a couple of frost-free nights. I like that; I'm definitely a spring person.

On the knitting front, I didn't get a lot done yesterday. I did knit a couple of inches on the corkscrew scarf (which, incidentally, is a multiple of four rows, not six as I posted yesterday...even easier to remember) and learned to knit backwards for the purl rows. Sounds insane, doesn't it?

One of the suggestions made in the "Scarf Style" book for working shortrows is to work the purl rows backwards on the knit side. It took a few minutes to figure out how to do that, but once I caught on, it became easier to knit backwards that to keep turning my work to purl back. After all, the maximum number of stitches I'm purling back is only 9. I do like learning new things!

When I got home from work last night, John asked me what yarn I had chosen for my next project. You see, it was very slow at the store in the afternoon and that's usually when I scope out the yarn and match project ideas to yarn. However, I assured him that I hadn't done that this time and have no future big projects in mind. He has a vested interested in the topic; I started a vest (catch the pun?) for him in 2003; it's the man's brioche vest from Interweave Knits Spring 2003. It was intended for his birthday. Well, the back is done; the fronts are done; the shoulders are seamed; I did finish one button band last week. It's in a basket beside the couch where I can pick it up at any time to finish it. All it needs is one button hole band and two arm hole bands; so why don't I finish it? Good question. I hate the yarn. I hate the colour. I hate the texture. I hate the weight. (*big sigh*) He keeps asking me when he'll be able to wear it and I keep promising him that he WILL be able to wear it before the summer.

Alright, here's the deal. The next full day I have off (not this weekend... we're having appy night on Friday night and bottling wine on Saturday and Sunday is our last day off together before John starts his new job), I'll finish the darned thing. There! I've said it; it's in print. That means I'm committed. You are my witnesses. I'll post a pic when it's done.

Speaking of pics, do the pics show up on my blog? Barb graciously emailed me with some lovely comments about my blog (thanks, Barb), but couldn't see the pics. Is anyone else in the same boat? If you're one of those really smart, computer savvy people (I'm not computer illiterate, but posting pics confuses me for some reason) who could help me figure out how to do it right, please feel free to contact me. It would be much appreciated! I wouldn't mind knowing how to put stuff in the left margin, too... you know, if you're helping me anyway and all.

Enough for now. I'm off to play a bit of trivia and then get ready for work. Enjoy your day!

1 comment:

  1. Hi,
    Love your blog...is the Innovation sock like the Swan sock? Start st the top edge, knit down and under and up.
    Also like the cable detail - haven't tried that yet. Usually do toe up socks in worsted or DK weight - with the ocassional sock weight.
    Linda Demaray

    ReplyDelete