Sunday, March 20, 2005

Sunday, Sunday

Stew is simmering on the stove for dinner, dumplings to be added just before we're ready to eat. It smells yummy! John, Rob & Carol have gone over to the new house to do a bit of yardwork and I'm here. Knitting. Working on three projects. That's typical.

The Audrey top has one strap just about finished and the other's ready to finish off. I'm a little disappointed in the pattern. It's more than a little ambiguous. It's not a difficult pattern, but I certainly wouldn't recommend it to a beginner. There are things in this pattern that you just have to know. For instance? After you cast off the neck stitches, the pattern reads "work shoulder strap for 9 3/4"... it's not explained where you measure from, so I was happily knitting along when I realized that it really did look long enough to reach the top of my shoulder. The 9 3/4" is from the beginning of the armhole shaping, NOT from the cast off. When I measured, I had 10". *sigh* It will be very pretty though.

I've also started Kristen's second sock. There's a picture somewhere in the beginning of my blog of sock #1. I want to be able to send her the socks and the sweater for Trinity before the end of April (Trinity's birthday is April 23). And then, there's the shawl. I did put it on bamboo circs, but the one I have is just too long for where I'm at right now. I was fighting the cable, so I've put it back onto a straight needle. I did order a 24" bamboo circ which should be arriving some time this week.

I managed to get out for a few minutes yesterday and went to the other yarn store here in town. I bought some cotton sock yarn, something I've not yet worked with. Here's a picture of it. I kinda like the colours and am looking forward to casting on (not yet, though).



Now, the stew smells like it needs stirring, so I'm off... back to the knitting, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment