Thursday, March 31, 2005

It's here!

My yarn order finally showed up yesterday. Now I understand what everyone’s been raving about! The Koigu Painter’s Palette yarns are gorgeous! The yarn is soft; the colours beautiful. I’m really looking forward to working with it!

The other yarn I got is from Fiddlesticks Knitting and is called Country Silk. It’s a blend of 50% silk, 30% wool and 20% nylon. Again, the colours are gorgeous. It’s a large skein: 250 grams or 800 metres.

Now to get a few other projects done so I can start working with these yarns…

In addition to the yarns, I also bought a bamboo circular needle for the Meadow Flowers shawl. It was just at the point of being too wide for the straight needles, so this order showed up at just the right time. I’ve transferred it to the circular and have enough room to work comfortably now. I’m up to 167 stitches on it now. When I reach 181, I’ll be ready to work the border. That means, it’s nearing completion… in the home stretch.

No comments:

Post a Comment