Sunday, March 13, 2005

Another glorious day in paradise!

Spring has definitely arrived in the Okanagan. It's another glorious, sunny day, about 14c. Not bad for the middle of March, still winter if you go by the calendar. John's gone out to the new house to start on yard work; it's a way for him to stay busy. He likes it and I don't mind him being out of the house for a little while. Since he left a couple hours ago, I've made a batch of bran muffins, backed up information and photos on the computer and got some knitting done.

I've completed the second ball of Silk Garden on the entrelac scarf. It's now approximately 26 inches long. That means, if I want a decent length scarf, I'll probably have to use up at least another two balls. That will make it just over 4 feet long. Do you think that's long enough to wrap around my neck and throw it over my shoulder? I've also completed the second skein of Silky Tweed on the Ruffle scarf. It wraps once around the neck, but isn't quite long enough to be a decent length hanging down the front, so I'll attach the third skein but won't use the whole thing. I think another two feet or so will finish it. It certainly gets a lot of comments when I take it to work with me.

No pictures today; you've seen enough progress photos on both scarves and the Audrey top hasn't made much progress yet. I've been working on it a little bit, but only did about 4 rows; that doesn't warrant a progress picture. Besides, until I reach the armholes and the leaf patterning, there's really not much to see on it. So, you'll just have to wait.

Back to the knitting...........

Oh, by the way... make sure you check out the Art of Yarn blog. All of the staff has "posting power". The address is in the left hand margin of my blog, under Links. Let us know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment