Tuesday, May 03, 2005

We’ve arrived!

The move is done! Now, we’re about to tackle the mountain of unpacking that needs to be done when you combine three households, Rob & Carol’s, John’s and mine. (What does one do with five sofas, anyway?)

This morning, the cable guy came and got us hooked up to that great highway, also known as the internet, so I could, at the very least, update you all on what’s happening here. On the knitting front, that’s been very little, as you can well imagine.

I did, however, do one thing. While at the store yesterday, I drew out, planned and started knitting my first, very own design. It’s not my first design, but it is the first one I’ve actually started knitting. It’s a vest for myself. (I could picture it worn over a white shirt.) Last week, we got in a bunch of Noro yarn, Kureyon and Silk Garden, and two of the Silk Garden colours just would not leave me alone. The colours are gorgeous. The one I chose just cried out to be something for me, but not a scarf. When pencil met paper, the vest design showed up and I couldn’t wait to start it. I’ll keep you posted on how it’s going. So far, I’ve only got three inches of ribbing to show you, and that’s not terribly exciting, is it?

Alright, so now that we’re finally here, on the lake, I suppose I should share a picture or two. I can do that. Yesterday, John had to get up at 4:30 a.m. to get ready for work and I had to drop him off at the pickup point by 5:15 a.m. When I got back home, by about 5:45 a.m., I simply couldn’t go back to sleep, so I sat on our deck with my knitting, a mug of tea and the camera. It wasn’t a spectacular sunrise, but it was my first sunrise on the lake and that made it special.

2 comments:

  1. I am glad to hear you survived your move. The sunrise photo is lovely. I've added your blog to my list of Daily Reads and made a button for it. You will find it in the sidebar at www.sereknitty.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful. Next time I am in Kelowna will stop in for a cuppa if you can promise a sunrise like this.

    ReplyDelete