Friday, May 13, 2005

A day off

It's not quite a day to do whatever my little heart desires, but it's a day off and I intend to enjoy it. Thus far, my plans include getting this bedroom/office somewhat organized and clean. That shouldn't take too long. After that, it's back to the Lacy Rose Poncho from the Michael's website.

Now, here's the explanation for that project. When we first started talking about crochet lessons at the store, I made a crocheted poncho, using the pattern from Michael's. Of course, once you have a sample in the store, customers want to make it, which is a great concept, right? Well, it would be if there were no mistakes in the pattern. There are. It was very frustrating for some of the customers and one in particular keeps coming in because the pattern isn't making any sense to her. So, being the kind-hearted person I am, I'm re-writing the pattern, correcting the errors and making it easier to understand. Once I've done that, I'll post a link to the Michael's version and a link to the revised and corrected version, along with a couple of pictures.

Incidentally, the model used in the picture on the Michael's version has to be a tiny slip of a thing because where the first row of trebles comes on her is nowhere near where it comes to on a real person. On me, that row sits at my shoulders and, when completed, the last row is at my elbows, not my wrist as it is in the picture. I must admit, though, as much as I dislike ponchos, this one's kind of cute.

Alright... I'm going to clean my room now, Mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment