Monday, May 09, 2005

Monday, Monday

I don't mind Mondays, really. This morning, John had to wake me so I could drive him to the pick up point. I'm surprised at how deeply asleep I was. Usually, I hear/feel him get out of bed and I'm awake for the day; this morning, I heard nothing at all. That was at 6:30. I was asleep by 11:00 p.m. All in all, that was a good night's sleep!

Yesterday, we did our sofa run, but I'm not too sure why. The sofa looks awful. It's covered with grime, the stitching's come apart and it looks as if critters of various sorts have been making it their home. John seems to think all it needs is a good upholsterer; I'm thinking it just needs to be put out in an alley somewhere. The way it looks right now, I'd be afraid to sit on it.

Before we left for Vernon, I put together three sets of stitch markers, so I could give one to Bev for her birthday. We were supposed to get together with David & Bev for her birthday celebration, but it was right in the middle of moving stuff over to this house and it just never happened. She is a knitter, so I figured she'd appreciate the markers. She did. Unbelievably, she's a knitter with nothing on her needles at the moment. I just can't understand that! I don't really like going to their home; it's not one of the cleanest homes I've been in and it's not getting any better. They have two dogs, two birds and David smokes in the house. I always leave there feeling grimy, for some reason. Oh well, they do appreciate the visits.

On the other side of it, one thing I do like about their place is the hummingbird feeders. They have at least two of them in front of their living room window and yesterday, the air was positively humming. Fortunately for me, John made sure I had the camera with me. I've always wanted to take a good picture of a hummingbird.



On the knitting front, again, I didn't get much done, just a few rows on the Flower Basket Shawl and a few rows on the entrelac scarf. One of these days, I'll take some progress pics again.

Before I forget, for those of you who haven't yet let me know which is your absolute "must-have" knitting book, don't forget to let me know before the end of the month. You can find the original post here.

And now, it's time to get ready for work.

1 comment:

  1. My goodness that's an amazing shot! We just hung 2 new feeders up this weekend, and took our previous two to the backyard, I hope we have some visitors soon. Last year they loved our rose bush.

    ReplyDelete