Thursday, May 19, 2005

What IS that smell?

It's Thursday morning. The sun is shining gloriously after the last couple of days of rain and cloudiness. And I have today off; it doesn't get much better. However, I'm sitting here at my computer and I'm smelling something. It's not unpleasant, per se, almost like a strong after shave or men's cologne. Either that, or bug spray. I'm sensitive to strong odours; they can, and have, triggered migraines. Therefore, I'd really like to find out where the scent is originating. I can smell it here, in our bedroom, and in the bathroom, just down the hall. It's quite strong in the bathroom, but I can't figure out what it is. Odd. It's a mystery and I WILL figure it out!

Last night, I had a wonderful opportunity to take some great pictures. A storm rolled in over the lake from the south and after it dissipated somewhat, the sunset broke through from the west and created a glorious rainbow that came and went. Some of the time, we could only see a piece of the rainbow, other times the whole rainbow. The colours ranged from a vague hint of colour to a bright, complete spectrum rainbow. So, why am I describing it rather than showing you? Well, I took the camera to the store yesterday, intending to take a couple of pictures of the crochet class I'm teaching (only two women out of the seven registered showed up) and left the camera (and my much-needed sunglasses) there. *sigh* Figures, doesn't it? Perfect photo op and I leave the camera at work.

I'm still knitting like crazy, but nothing's close to completion yet. The flower basket shawl needs another 30 or so rows, I think, before doing the edging, so that's probably the project nearest completion. After finishing the Audrey top, I started another Elsebeth Lavold pattern for myself (Ljod .. I think... from her Viking Collection). It's a sleeveless top with a "four knot" knitted into the front (looks kind of like a celtic knot). I'm into the armhole shaping on the back. I decided to work it in Sirdar Breeze, a blend of cotton and acryilic, in buttermilk, a nice soft yellow. I love the feel of this yarn and the stitch definition is really nice. I have a feeling I'm really going to like wearing this one.

Hmm... either the smell has dissipated somewhat or I'm getting used to it. Either way, I think I'm going to go downstairs, make myself a mug of tea and go sit on the deck for a while with some knitting. And laundry.

3 comments:

  1. Hmmm did something maybe spill like cologne then evaporated.

    Oh sitting on the deck and knitting, that sounds nice. Have a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment on my site! The house pictures are up if you want to check them out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Would love to come and spin on your deck, sounds like a bit of heaven. To cold here just now to do much of anything outdoors. Will phone next time I am in K.

    ReplyDelete