Monday, May 16, 2005

Audrey's an FO

It's been a wet weekend in Kelowna. We got to see our first storm on the lake last night; that was kind of cool. The wind picked up and the rain was coming down and the air smelled so clean. I should say that it wasn't a major storm, just rain and wind, but it was so neat to look at the changes on the lake. It went from being sunny and calm first thing in the morning to white caps and rain in the afternoon. And it's raining again today.

That rainy weather enabled me to finish Audrey yesterday, much to the chagrin of my husband who asked me at one point "Are you STILL knitting?" I guess I should have been doing something else instead. Oh well, it's done now; it fits beautifully and it will be a good addition to my wardrobe.



When John gets home tonight, I'll see if I can get him to take a picture of me wearing it. On the review side of things, I would definitely work with Elsebeth Lavold's Silky Wool again. It's a nice yarn to knit with and after I figured out where the mistake in the lace panel was, it knit up quickly (I just didn't knit it up quickly...too many other projects on the go at the same time).

1 comment:

  1. I love the detailing on the shoulder straps, very pretty.

    ReplyDelete