Saturday, May 28, 2005

First thing to go is the memory

I've been referring to the Elsebeth Lavold top I'm making as Ljod. Well, that's just plain wrong. It's Gyrid. And she's pretty much done. All I need to do yet is the neck band, which is nothing more than one row of knit, one row of purl and cast off knitwise. Today, however, it's not going to happen. I just don't feel like sitting down and picking up stitches.

Here are a couple of pics of Gyrid, though.


close-up of the cable panel on the front of the top



And I've decided that the Flower Basket shawl is big enough. I'm finishing up the last set of 10 rows and will then do the 10 edging rows. That means I have 18 rows to go until it's finished. It does feel good to be seeing the end of a couple of projects. Now, how many are left in that basket???

Oh, don't forget... the deadline's fast approaching for the draw.

1 comment:

  1. Gyrid, she's lovely!

    My can't-live-without book is my well-thumbed Traditional Knitted & Lace Shawls by Martha Waterman. I go back to it constantly for inspiration. A close second would be Homespun, Handknit.

    I miss the Okanagan - I grew up in Oliver and love the countryside.

    Karen in Beautiful BC
    karenj16 at telus dot net

    ReplyDelete