Sunday, May 08, 2005

Happy 100th Birthday, Kelowna!

I really love my digital camera. I especially love it on nights like last night. As you can see by the title of this post, Kelowna is celebrating it's centennial. Last night, the celebration included fireworks.

I've always wanted to take pictures of fireworks. Have you ever tried taking pictures of fireworks on film? You have to wait to see the results, for one thing. Then, if the pictures are no good, you've wasted that film. On digital? Well, let's just say, I took 90 pictures of fireworks. The ones I'm not happy with, I will simply delete. Of those 90, I have a couple of pictures I'm happy with. I'd like to try again now that I have the hang of it, but fireworks don't just happen every night around here. My next opportunity will be July 1, Canada Day. I'm assuming they'll have fireworks again. Now, if only I can get my neighbours to turn off their dock lights.

And, just cuz I like to show off.....






On the knitting front, not a lot got done yesterday and I doubt much will get done today. We're heading out to Vernon today to pick up another sofa. This is one that John and his mother had in the basement suite they rented there. It's been at that house (owned by friends) for the last few years, but now someone's moving into the suite that doesn't need or want that sofa. So we get to go pick it up. We'll make a road trip of it, enjoy the day. Mother's Day.

Oh! Before I forget, Carol asked me to let you all know... (watch for the alliteration here...) Carol calls the coot Curtis.

No comments:

Post a Comment