Monday, May 09, 2005

Two, two, two posts in one....day, that is

I just thought I'd post a progress picture of the vest I'm designing. I haven't worked on it at all today, but I do have it at home, so I decided it was time to post a picture.



It will be a v-neck woman's vest when it's finished, but I think I've already mentioned that. I also did a couple of rows on the Flower Basket Shawl today and discovered (and corrected) two mistakes from a couple of rows down. This pattern isn't as easy to memorize as the Kiri shawl, but I sure do like it. Now, I have to decide how big I want to make it.

1 comment:

  1. great colors in that vest!

    so far i have two must have books, one for patterns and one for how tos... is that allowed?

    my favorite pattern book is Vickie Square's "Knit Great Basics"... I was not originally sold on it because the pics are a little outdated and the diagrams are scary to follow at first. But NOW! I have used it to modify a Debbie Bliss pattern to a diff. gauge, create a zip up vest from SCRATCH, knit countless socks and even a hat or two.

    As far as technique goes, I have to go with Nancy Wiseman's finishing book (title escapes me). This baby packs a ton of info in a *leetle* space.

    ReplyDelete