Saturday, May 14, 2005

The Lacy Rose Poncho

It's an FO. I love projects that are quick and easy. I know there are knitters out there who look down on the art of crochet, but I love the look of it. And I do consider it an art, just as knitting is. That said, I don't care for crocheted clothing (sweaters, socks, etc.), but anything lacy? Crochet is beautiful, too.

Anyway, that's enough of a rant for this morning. Here's a picture of the completed poncho. One of our Friday night appy night guests was kind enough to model it for me.




I'll be working on the corrected pattern in a short while and will post it in the sidebar for anyone who'd like to try it. It took me about 4 hours total to crochet this one up, not counting the time I took to do a few other things yesterday.

Today, I'd like to see if I can't get the Audrey top done. I'm almost up to the armhole shaping on the front. Once I reach the neck edge, it's only the shoulder panels that need doing, and those don't take long. Hopefully, I'll be wearing it to work on Monday. Once it's done, I'll see if I can get John to take a good picture of me wearing it.

I must admit, it feels good to have another FO and working diligently on finishing another one. It's been too long!

No comments:

Post a Comment