Wednesday, April 20, 2005

A totally finished FO

Yes dearie, it's the Kiri! She's completely done, washed, blocked and dried. To say I'm pleased with the way it turned out would be an understatement. I'm rather proud of it, actually!

Here's a picture of the finished Kiri Shawl. I'm going to post the picture on the Art of Yarn blog as well, with a link to the pattern (it's also in my sidebar).


In review, it was a reasonably simple lace project. I'd recommend it for an intermediate knitter who isn't afraid to experiment. The start confused me a little when I read it, but sitting down and just "doing it" made it simple. I finished it in about two weeks, and that's with preparing to move and working.

Now, I've cast on for another shawl, Evelyn Clark's "Flower Basket Shawl", from the Summer 2004 Interweave knits. I'm hoping that the Country Silk will cooperate and be willing to become this shawl. So far, I've cast on and knitted the first 15-20 rows five times. It will be a slow go on this one, but only because we're in the middle of the move. (For those interested, after the 26th, we'll be able to move the rest of our stuff into the new house.) As well, the pattern is charted, not written out as the Kiri was; I'm not a big fan of knitting from charts. For some reason, I can remember the pattern better when I "read" it, rather than knit according to "drawings". I may just type out the row instructions, rather than work from the charts... if it gets too confusing.

Today, I'm off to the doctor to see whether or not my blood pressure is something I should be worried about or not. That would defeat the purpose, wouldn't it?? Doesn't worry raise bp? *sigh* (she grumbles under her breath... getting older sucks!)

2 comments:

  1. Your Kiri is beautiful! I love the picture you took of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ev, your shawl is beautiful. One of these days, I'm going to have to try making one. I've crocheted a lace shawl, but all my knit ones have been of the practical variety.

    ReplyDelete