Monday, April 04, 2005

Answering the Siren Call of KPPM

Oh yes, that's what it was... a siren call. I couldn't resist. I'd finished the Fortissima socks and the KPPM called louder and louder. The pattern was printed already. And the yarn kept calling. I had to give in; I had no choice. Really, I didn't!

KPPM, for those of you unfamiliar with it, stands for Koigu Painters Palette Premium Merino. It's definitely premium. This is the first time I'm working with it and I can say with certainty, it will NOT be the last. Get your hands on it, if you can. You will be hooked!

I started the Old Shale socks; I'm loving the pattern. I have a feeling that these socks will quickly become one of my favourite pairs. Great job on the pattern, Marguerite! Here's a picture of my progress so far...


What do you think?

2 comments:

  1. I love the colors! :) I've never bought any of that yarn yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty!

    I've never knit with Koigu. If I ever was in a yarn store where I could see it in person, I know I would buy some. The few times I've thought about doing mail order, the color selection just made my head spin.

    Hope you'll let me post a picture of your finished Old Shale socks on Stitches of Violet.

    ReplyDelete