Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Just what I wanted...

...another visit to the frog pond! NOT!!! However, while merrily knitting away on the Kiri last evening, I discovered that I was out by two stitches on the first half of the row. Looking at it carefully, I realized there was a mistake about four rows down. I have no idea why I didn't notice it on the next row (where I could have fixed it without frogging), but I didn't.

So now, I have to frog it... or tink it. I'm certainly not going to take this off the needles or, knowing myself as well as I do, I'd rip it all the way back to the beginning. And after getting to 22 repeats of the pattern, there is no way I'm going to do that!

Incidentally, one 100 gram ball of Country Style DK, for anyone interested, gets you to 10 repeats on each half of the shawl, or 20 repeats. Not bad. This entire shawl will need only two balls, I'm thinking. That puts it's price at just under $20 (before tax).

Can you see where I messed up? I forgot a yarn over where the arrow's pointing. I must have missed another yarn over as well, as I'm out two stitches. *big sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment