Saturday, April 23, 2005

Random thoughts on a Sunny Saturday

It's going to be another glorious day in paradise. The sun is streaming into the windows and by this evening this house will be hot; I'm glad we won't be living in this house through the hot Kelowna summer. It was so nice out last night that we were all outside till almost 11:00. The sky was clear and the stars were bright, in spite of the neighbour who has a barnyard light in his backyard (very annoying; we still haven't figured out why they have such a bright light in a residential area... oh well... 6 more sleeps and it won't bother us anymore).

I did knit another 20 rows on the Flower Basket shawl yesterday afternoon, until my hands got so sticky from the heat that the stitches just wouldn't move anymore. For some reason, on almost every row, I'm forgetting one yarn over. That's an easy one to fix, though, as long as I count my stitches after every row. This one's going to work!

This afternoon, we're going over to Rob & Carol's to bottle wine, 60 bottles of it, both red and white. According to them, it's not great wine, but it will do for the move. Next time, we'll choose a higher quality starter kit, not the Costco special. I shouldn't be drinking it at all, anyway; I don't need the headaches that accompany the wine.

That's enough of the random thoughts for today. I think I'll try doing a couple of rows on the shawl; or I'll pack a box or two. Or something... it's just that kind of day.




No comments:

Post a Comment