Monday, April 11, 2005

New Friends, New Inspiration

Oh my! How dangerous it can be to meet new friends. Lynne (aka Socklady) was in town and came to the shop today, along with Sandra (from Summerland) and her friend, Margaret. Lynne had promised to show me how to spin and she did! I'm definitely inspired and once we've settled in to the new house, I will attempt to do some spinning.

Here are a few pictures Dianne and I took at the store today. Dianne had her camera with her as well, and will post some pictures to the store's blog. (The link is in the sidebar at the right.)


From left to right: Sally, Ev, Lynne and Margaret


Sandra, who I finally got to meet


Some of the rovings that Lynne had with her; the colours are amazing! See how the blue/green one matches the top I was wearing? Love it, love it, love it!

...and Dianne tried to split a 100 gm ball of yarn in half. She had a ton of fun trying to untangle it all. We all sat there and laughed at (oops.. with, 'cept she really wasn't laughing) her.

Thank you, Lynne, for coming in and taking the time to inspire me. I very much enjoyed myself and I do hope we will meet again! Once I start spinning, I'll let you know how it goes.


No comments:

Post a Comment