Thursday, September 01, 2005

New pattern uploaded

Just a quick note today to let you know I've uploaded a pattern for a toque (Tentaçao Toque). For those of you who are non-Canadians and have no idea what a toque is (it's pronounced "twok... two with a k at the end), I guess it's what you'd call a stocking cap, a knitted hat... you know.

It's done in a Portuguese yarn called Rosarios 4 Tentaçao, 2 colours. You can substitute any bulky weight thick/thin yarn. I used 7 mm needles for the hat, which is a size smaller than the yarn called for. I've written the pattern for two needles (didn't have a 7 mm circ), but it can certainly be done on a circular needle or double-pointed needles just as easily. As written, the pattern fits an average woman and I've included numbers for the large size as well. I've also made a wrist warmer with the remaining yarn and will have that pattern available some time within the next few days... after I've made the second one and taken pictures.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the new pattern! It's just the thing for some old wool in the stash and a husband who's been hinting for a new hat :).

    ReplyDelete