Wednesday, September 14, 2005

A Break from Sock Knitting

I decided to take a break from knitting socks today. Someone in one of the Yahoo groups I belong to wrote about another Yahoo group, Multidirectional Knitting. I decided to check it out and joined it. I think I like it! Iris Schrier has a number of tutorials in MD knitting; I've downloaded the first nine, printed up the first three and have already worked through the first two.

This could be addictive.

For your perusal...



Some of the work isn't perfect, but it's the first time trying this, really. It's not like entrelac; you're not picking up stitches on one side in order to change direction. So far, at least, when you've done one direction, you end up with the same number of stitches you started with.

I'm looking forward to trying more of this. In the meantime, I've cast on for another chevron scarf. This one will be a gift for my sister. I don't think she reads my blog and even if she does, I have four sisters. The one it's meant for will not be named. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment