Wednesday, September 07, 2005

What to do when you've got time off

I have been knitting like a fiend this past week. I've been off since Saturday and go back to work tomorrow. In that time, I've finished Jeane's socks and gotten them into the mail. I've almost finished a baby sweater for my soon-to-arrive granddaugter. I've knitted two samples for the store.

The Noro Silver Thaw finally told me what it wanted to be. Thanks Penny for the inspiration! I started this scarf yesterday (Tuesday) afternoon and finished it this morning. In other words, it was a quick knit. The original pattern is from the Scarf Style book. It's originally done in a DK weight yarn, but the Silver Thaw is a worsted weight, so I worked it on 6 mm needles. It's hard to tell from the picture, but the total length of the scarf is between 4-5 feet, short compared to a lot of the scarves out there, but perfect for wearing under the collar of a jacket or coat. Personally, I don't like my scarves really long. They tend to get in my way.



The other completed object is a facecloth, made from Crystal Palace's Cotton Chenille. The pattern is from Interweave Knits, Winter 2003, as well as from the book, Weekend Knits. It took me one afternoon to knit up. I could see doing the pattern in just about any cotton yarn. It was a fun knit, but the chenille is NOT the easiest yarn to work with on 4 mm needles. Will I make more of these? Probably. I could see giving them as gifts with a nice bar of fancy soap or even some hand made soap (no, I don't make soap, but there are plenty of women who do).



I'll post a picture of the baby sweater once I have the second sleeve knitted and the sweater put together. Then all that's left to knit for this outfit is the hat, and that's a quick knit, too. Then, on to a few more UFO's. *grin*

No comments:

Post a Comment