Monday, September 19, 2005

Where does time go?

I do apologize for not posting for a little while. Time has simply been slipping by much too quickly. The knitting is still happening, but the store is getting busier (thankfully) and by the time I get home from work, I don't feel like doing a lot of knitting.

I am almost finished the sweater set for my new granddaughter. I just have to sew the second sleeve in and do the border. The hat is about 1/3 done. I really wanted to finish the sweater this weekend (only had Sunday off), but I had foolishly decided to leave my knitting bag at the store as I work again today. I say foolishly because my little kit of needles, cutters and such is all in my knitting bag, where, technically, it belongs. So I worked on the hat instead.

Speaking of the new granddaughter (no, she hasn't arrived just yet), she's due this coming Friday. I've told my older daughter to call me as soon as her sister goes into labour (they share accomodations). Then John and I will drive out there. I'll need time to get my hours covered at the store. One problem has resolved itself. John was laid off from the restaurant last week, so he's now free to come with me to the coast. That means we're taking the car, no matter the cost of fuel.

Do you ever get overwhelmed by inspiring projects you'd like to do? I'm at that stage right now. There are soooooo many things I'd like to make. And too many projects to finish. Big Sigh! I've been working on the Multidirectional Knitting tutorials. They're fun to do. The final project in Tutorial 14 is a nice little vest. Quite pretty. I'm hoping that by the time I've worked through all 14 tutorials, I'll be able to use some of Iris' techniques in projects of my own design. At the moment, I'm working on the MD scarf and it's looking pretty good.. and getting plenty of comments at the store. People are intrigued by the zigzagging of the knitting and when they hear there is no picking up of stitches like there is in entrelac, they're even more intrigued. I'll try to post pictures tomorrow or Wednesday.

Take the knitting bag home, take the knitting bag home.. don't forget the knitting bag... ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment