Monday, January 29, 2007

6 Weird Things About Me

I've been tagged by Carole over at Crafty Carole. That's a first. Now, don't go thinking you can tag me for all sorts of other things. I'm not usually one for these things, really, but here goes... (This was hard, by the way. I hate having to think so hard!)

1. I can't (and I DO mean CAN'T) eat oatmeal/porridge. I've tried. I don't mind the taste. I appreciate the health benefits. I just can't get it down my throat. I gag on it. Custard, too. And mashed potatoes.

2. My eyes are two different (slightly) colours. One's more blue than green; the other's more green than blue.

3. I don't often eat sweets. Give me a choice between something sweet or something salty and I'll take salty every time (I even have a "stash" of potato chips and Cheetos at work).

4. I don't wear makeup but I love buying it. I have a makeup bag full of stuff that I can't really wear. It's not cheap stuff, either. It all irritates my eyes. But I love it.

5. If we're at a lake (and we've lived on one for 2 summers), I prefer to jump into deeper water rather than walking into the water slowly. For some reason, I get really nervous walking into the water. (Maybe I just prefer to jump into things??)

6. I have a touch of OCD (obsessive-compulsive disorder) when it comes to multiple light switches on a single plate. They all have to be either up or down, not one up, one down. It used to me more of an issue for me, but I've got that one under control.

I'd be more than happy to tag 6 people, but I'm having a difficult time finding someone who hasn't already done this. To that end, I'll leave it open. If you want to take up the challenge, feel free to reveal 6 weird things about you on your own blog.

We are still not in the new place. There has just been hold up after hold up. We brought one load of boxes over and packed into the garage before the snow started falling. J&B are not completely moved up yet, so it will be another day or so before we can get in. In the meantime, we're twiddling our thumbs here (well, I'm knitting, John's twiddling his thumbs). Tonight, we'll go to the rec center once more as I have to work tomorrow and need a shower.

Hopefully, the next post will be from the new place. TTFN

2 comments:

  1. Oh that bites - here you were all ready with nowhere to move to. I hope things have straightned out and that you are now tucking things away in your new home - even as I type :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I accepted your challenge and have posted my "6 Weird Things" on my blog.

    I hope you are surviving your move.

    ReplyDelete