Sunday, January 07, 2007

Yay!!!!

We went to view a basement suite today. And decided to take it. We found out about an hour ago that the suite is ours! We can move in at the end of the month.

It's the two-bedroom, bright basement suite I wrote about in my last post. The young couple (who have two small boys, one aged about 3 years and the other 7 months) living there now will be moving upstairs and we'll have the suite. It's got a lovely big yard with lots of fruit trees, about a block from the most popular beach in town and about a 15 minute walk from the yarn store where I work. As well, our favourite shopping area is also in the same area, all within walking distance.

The suite may have a drawback or two, but nothing we can't live with. Best of all, we'll have a private garage that we can use for storage. We'll need that. Now, all we have to do is get to the end of the month. And we can do that, knowing we have a place to move to.

Are we happy or what? Thank you all for your good thoughts and crossed fingers!

Knitting content tomorrow!

7 comments:

  1. What great news. Hope the young family is really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on finding a place! I hope this means smooth sailing for you from now on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is absolutely wonderful news. I knew things would work out for you. Hopefully the days will fly by until you can move in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ev - the email response I sent you about the bootie pattern bounced back. Anyway, you have indeed caught an error, thank you. I've posted the correction to my blog in the bootie entry.
    Gryphon

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ev,
    That's wonderful news! Sounds like a great place to hand your needles. The first thing I thought of with those two little ones living upstairs is that you'll have more hats to make!
    This time next month your new place will be "home". You'll make it just so.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ok, I'm tired, That was supposed to say "Hang" your needles, not "hand"!
    Shows me that I need to "preview" my comment before hitting "publish..."!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ev
    A home at last! A place to snuggle, and sounds like a couple of more little people to knit for.
    I'm happy for you,
    Susan

    ReplyDelete