Tuesday, January 09, 2007

This and that

First, Robbyn, thanks for your offer! We're at a stage right now where we need to slow down with packing. Pretty much everything that can be packed up is already packed up. Now, it's a matter of moving some of the unneeded furniture into the garage. However, we still have three weeks to go before we can move in. We're getting a bit ahead of ourselves here. When moving day comes around, though, we sure could use some help moving furniture. Anyone going to be around???

One week of those three weeks will be spent house/catsitting for a friend. That will help the next few weeks go by a little quicker.

Second, you may have noticed that my sidebar's looking a little leaner. All of my free patterns have now been moved over to my freebies blog and deleted from this blog. When new patterns are posted, they'll be posted there, blogged about and linked to here. The address? Of course... http://sntfreepatterns.blogspot.com

I think that's it for today. I have a feeling today will be a knitting day for me. John has to meet with his boss (who's in town for a few days) for lunch today. There are a few groceries to pick. Other than that, there's not much else for us to be doing today. Oh, other than hitting the pool again. Last time we went, we couldn't use the big pool as some kid had had "an accident" and staff closed the pool for cleaning. The hot tub, sauna and showers were still available, and those were all we really needed to use. Now, John's more than a little leery about swimming in the main pool; can't say that I blame him and I'm quite happy just getting into the hot water of the hot tub and showers.

On the knitting front? I did hear back from the designer of Interweave's Old World booties. There is indeed an error in the stitch count of the size I'm making. It's not a big deal for me; I had already adjusted the stitch count to make it work and it just happened to be the right way. I'll have one bootie finished today and will likely cast on for the second one. The Harlequin Cap has grown another couple of inches; it will probably be finished before the week's end.

I'm off and running!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you've got everything under control :) Hope you had a great knitting dayh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the trim look!

    btw, you've been tagged. Visit my blog for the details. Jan 13 entry
    http://craftycarole.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete