Monday, January 08, 2007

Knitting, As Promised

I HAVE been knitting. Really, I have. It's kept me sane over the last couple of weeks. I haven't been doing much in the way of designing; as a matter of fact, it's all I could do to follow a pattern. Heck, I started this little thing 3 or 4 times. I lost count.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

When completed, this, and it's mate, will be the Old World Booties, Green Serf booties. I'm making the middle size in a dark green Classic Wool. The pattern is a little confusing. The stitch count for the sole on the second size and the final stitch count for the foot don't work out. There are increases on each right side row, multiples of four, but the final stitch count at the end of the sole is 26 sts. That's not divisible by 4. I've emailed the designer to ask her about that, but have heard nothing back. I've worked it out my own way, rather than getting frustrated and ripping back time after time.

The other little project is another of the Harlequin Caps, found on Elann's website.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

This one is being worked from end to end again. The yarn I'm using for the patterned side is Trekking XXL in colour #106. The solid yarn is Regia Silk. I don't know the colour number; this was an unlabelled ball I found in my stash. It's not a perfect match, but it works. Like I said earlier, a mindless knit. Just perfect for right now, when the last thing I want to do is think.

Once we're settled in the new place, I'll organize my knitting, see how many projects need finishing and decide on priority. For now, mindless knitting that requires minimal thought and light is the order of the day. Besides, knitting will be on the back burner for the next few weeks. We have a house to pack up. That's moving along very well, actually. The kitchen, other than those things we absolutely need, has been pretty much packed up already. Today, we boxed up all the herbs, spices, bakeware and those things we know we won't need in the interim. Apart from furniture, the kitchen is the biggest job. In a few minutes, I'll be packing up some of my office stuff, paperwork we won't be needing any time soon, stuff like that. The next biggest thing is moving the furniture (and that won't be done until necessary... other than moving some of it into the garage). And then, the cleaning. Fortunately for me, I'll be working quite a bit over the next couple of weeks, so John will end up doing most of the cleaning. It's a good thing he doesn't really mind cleaning TOO much. *grin* (He's definitely a keeper!)

I'll leave you with a picture of some of the insanity.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

3 comments:

  1. OH man - I'm really glad to hear you've found a place. Moving is a pain in he tuchus and getting a new place sorted out can be trying as well but all of that's a whole lot better than youir current situation.

    I'm so glad for you - I wish I could come up and help you pack :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm happy to have happened on your site and seen the name for the Harlequin Cap, as I have been interested in making one of those and din't know what pattern to search for.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello! I have been trying to find more information on the old world booties on line, and found your blog. I'm working on the 0-3 jester style booties, but the pattern for the sole doesn't make sense to me. When doing the Sole, it states to start with 38 stitches (19 of each color) and basically add 4 sts every other row (RS) until you have 62 stitches total. If I do that, it only takes 13 rows to get to 62. This doesn't seem like it will make the sole of the shoe long enough. Am I reading it wrong?
    Thanks so much for your response!

    ReplyDelete