Saturday, January 06, 2007

Big Sigh

Well, we still have no place to move to. The places we were going to look at the other day didn't pan out too well. We will be checking out a basement suite tomorrow. It sounds promising. It's a bright (according to the ad) 2 bedroom basement suite, appliances included, as well as an attached garage. It's within walking distance of my job and "our" shopping area. The price is within our range. I've already told John that if it looks good, let's take it on the spot. As well, on Monday, we'll have a look at a 2 bedroom apartment. It's a little farther from where I work than we'd like, but that we can handle. We're keeping our fingers crossed.

One thing that we've discovered in our search for housing is that there really isn't much available in Kelowna. John called all of the available postings for apartments and all had already been rented.

In the meantime, we're coping as best we can. There are times we both feel more than a little discouraged. Knitting, right now, has been completely uninspired and uninspiring. I'm working on a pair of booties (Old World Booties from Interweave... free pattern on the Interweave Knits website) for one of the babies (did I mention my neice had her first baby, a little boy, on Jan 1?). As well, I started another of Elann's Harlequin caps (reversible toque) in a toddler size. I'm knitting it end to end again (rather than starting in the middle with a provisional caston); it's mindless at this point. After the initial shaping at one end, it's just stocking stitch for 7", then change colour and knit another 7" before the final shaping. Mindless. Perfect.

That's about it. No pictures. Little knitting. Do you think if I go to bed and sleep, by morning I might find that this is all a dream? Not likely, huh? *sigh*

4 comments:

  1. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you and the apartment hunting!!! Keep knitting..it will relax you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry....we like to nest and if you don't have a nest there's no way you can center and settle down. We need you happily knitting again so I hope one of these two places work out for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope everything works out for you in your search for a place to hang your hat, with running water.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fingers crossed for ya.

    Glad to hear about John's eyes. That's been such a long haul for the both of you.

    ReplyDelete