Monday, January 22, 2007

Update

It seems like forever since I've posted. There hasn't really been a lot to tell you. We've been enjoying our stay at my friend's home. Baths and laundry facilities have been greatly appreciated. Tomorrow, we will be back here; our move is tentatively scheduled for the coming weekend. For any of you living here in Kelowna, if you're willing to help (especially if you have a pickup truck), get in touch with me at the store. Believe me, it will be appreciated.

Anyway, that's not why I'm here today. I do have one picture to share with you. There should be more, but the inspiration for picture-taking just hasn't been there yet. Once we're settled, be prepared for pictures!

I decided that, since I'm the crochet teacher at the store, I should at least have a couple of crocheted items there. Sounds like a good idea, yes? To that end, I started this...

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The pattern is Sirdar #8681. I'm extremely disappointed in the pattern. Don't bother even trying to follow it. There is no schematic of the shawl and the text is confusing to say the least. I've finally figured out how it all fits together, thanks more to the picture than to the actual pattern.

The yarn I'm using (working from memory here; the yarn is still up at my friend's house) is Lana Grossa (I think) Merino 2000, Cool Wool. It's 100% wool and it is a dream to work with. I'm working it on a 5.0 mm (US8) crochet hook. All in all, there will be 66 motifs. I have 21 motifs done as of this morning. I think this will be a nice store sample, don't you?

In addition to the crocheted shawl, I'm also working on another pair of gloves for me (out of Fleece Artist Merino Sock wool), 2 shawls as referred to in my last post and a variety of other little things. Like I said, just wait till we get settled. You want pictures? You'll get pictures!

Now, it's time for me to call my daughter. Today is her birthday. I called her briefly this morning to find out a good time to call her (she's in school and then has to pick up her daughter, so...). That's now. More soon.

Oh, Carole? I do have my "6 Weird Things About Me" post almost done; just have to find 6 people to tag. It will be posted soon.

4 comments:

  1. Good to hear from you Ev. I'm down near Seattle so the commute to help move might be a stretch. If I were closer I'd be happy to.

    I hope the coming week goes really quickly for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see your nomadic days are coming to an end. Hope all goes smoothly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That little motif pattern is just gorgeous - a shawl made from those would be lovely indeed.

    Crocheting comes so easily to me that I always feel as though I'm cheating somehow :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear of the move, HOWEVER, can't you just leave the moving to John and come to the coast for a visit? I'm having a baby shower for Teagan on Saturday night! It would be so neat if you could come, but I know moving is important too :)

    ReplyDelete