Wednesday, November 22, 2006

For Aase

Surprised to see your name there, Aase? Aase is one of the customers at the yarn store I work in and has, in the 2 1/2 years we've been open, become someone I consider a friend. Now and then, she gets me to finish up little projects for her; the ruffles are done, Aase. Finally. That's another story, though. She's become a blog reader, too.

Aase was in yesterday and bought some sock yarn. She needs a basic pattern for a man's sock, though. For her, I've just posted the (very) basic pattern I use for John's socks. It's in the sidebar, under "My Patterns", entitled "Generic Sock Pattern".

Knitting the ruffles on her sweater has been just about all I've been able to accomplish this morning. I watched House last night, but made the mistake of watching it in bed. Now, my neck is out and I'm in a lot of pain. The knitting has helped a bit, as did a hot shower, but..... *sigh*

Other than bringing in some firewood a little later and starting a fire, I'll be doing a whole lot of nothing today. For those of my internet friends in the US, I wish you a very happy Thanksgiving. Enjoy your families, good food and good company.

Edited to add: I've just found out that the Patons book I got the earflap hat pattern from (#945, Family Accessories) is no longer in print. My apologies. I didn't realize that when I posted (or knit, for that matter) the pictures. If you really, desperately want the pattern, email me at stringsnthings at shaw dot ca (you know how that works). - Ev -

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the good wishes, Ev. I shall be doing a non-traditional thanksgiving (cheese fondue) for our evening meal and devoting most of my day to finishing Marc's cardigan. Four whole days off work with not much to do but knit - life is grand :)

    ReplyDelete