Monday, June 06, 2005

What to write...

There are times it becomes difficult to find something to write about. Life just keeps going along, day following day in what seems a blur of sameness. Here on the lake, of course, the cycle of life keeps going. The fish are growing, the ducklings are getting their feathers, the beaver keeps swimming by, the birds keep doing their endless winged dance. We get to watch it all. As summer approaches, the boat traffic on the lake increases, providing us with a different kind of show.

But how much of that do you really want to read about?

When it comes to my knitting, I'm trying very hard not to start anything new and so there's not much to write about there, either. The W top is coming along nicely. I did discover there's a right end to start knitting with in Laine du Nord's Cleo. It's a gorgeous worsted weight cotton, but start with the center of the ball and it twists like crazy. I was finished the first triangle and ripped it because of the twisting. When I restarted it with the outside of the ball, it was fine.

Over the weekend, I once again picked up the feather and fan stole I'm working on. Remember I was going to make a few shawls/stoles to have around here? Well, that's one of them. I managed to do a few inches on it this weekend. Other than that, though, my knitting has been confined to the store for the last week or so. It's slowed down there, so there's time to knit.

I'm finding that once I get home, I'd rather sit on the dock with a glass of wine, feet dangling in the water, watching the show.

On Friday, I got John to mail out the surprise package to Lisa. Before it went into the mail, I took a picture of the contents. I'll post the picture when she gets it (I think I wrote that already, didn't I?), but as a teaser, part of the surprise entails something to keep her fingers and toes happy and something to keep her body happy.

Ok, shower time....

1 comment:

  1. Know exactly what you mean, those days I just start typing and by the time I conclude, I'm amazed at hoe much I actually had to say that I didn't realize I wanted to say.

    ReplyDelete