Saturday, June 18, 2005

An FO for Trinity

I finished the little doll sweater and a little hat as well for Trinity's doll. I can't believe how much fun it is to watch these tiny garments taking shape. It's almost addicting. I'm finding myself looking at other patterns in the books I have with an eye to making them for the doll. However, what this baby needs now is a pair of pants and a top or a little dress. I do intend to make another pair of socks for her, in white. For sewing, though, I need to find a pattern first.

Here's how Trinity's baby is looking so far...



Today is definitely a knitting kind of day. Wouldn't you know it? I'm off till Tuesday and what's the weather doing? Raining. So typical. Oh well.

I did convince John to drive me to the local nursery to pick up a couple of lovage plants. I bought two pots (4 plants) and a rosemary plant. I love using lovage in soups and hearty dishes. It gives such a lovely flavour, akin to celery, but still different. It's a flavour I remember from growing up. We did get a plant from my mother last summer, but it became so infested with bugs that John refused to plant it. Hopefully, the plants we bought today will thrive. I'm really looking forward to using it.

Other than that, it's been golf on the TV (John watches it, not me) and knitting needles in hand. There's not much else to do.

...back to knitting..........

4 comments:

  1. What a beautiful doll sweater. Bet it was fun to knit with all those pattern changes. No chance to get bored. That's my favorite kind of knitting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The doll sweater & hat are beautiful - Trinity is a lucky little girl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ev, The doll outfit is wonderful! Love your knitting skills. I must apoligize for not checking my 'Snapshots and Thoughts' blog. In answer to your long ago question about the "Painted Doiley" my friend made, all that I know is that she got the pattern from Annie's Attic. It is a beauty = ) When you don't hear back from me at Snapshots & Thoughts, I'd appreciate it if you'd come over to knittermag.blogspot.com & nudge me. Thanks = )

    ReplyDelete
  4. She might be the best dressed doll out there. I'm sure your granddaughter will love her to pieces.

    ReplyDelete