Sunday, June 12, 2005

Lisa's Surprise & Garage Sale-ing

I received an email from Lisa today, letting me know that she got her surprise package. It's a neat feeling knowing that you can share something of yourself with someone you've never met before and feel that you've made a friend. Lisa, your kind words about my blog did a lot to make that distance seem so much less than it really is (she's in Michigan, by the way... a long way from "the other coast").

For those who were perhaps wondering what Lisa's surprise package contained, here's a picture...



Included were a 100 gm ball of Fortissima sock yarn, Black Pepper Sandalwood cream, Knitter's Hand cream, Rose Petal Lip Luxury Lip Balm, Nail & Cuticle Treat and a set of Kitty stitch markers (all made by yours truly). Enjoy, Lisa!!

And the garage sale... yesterday (Saturday), I managed to make $158.00. The majority of that was craft stuff, yarn mostly. Today, I only sold the remainder of the yarn I had available for the grand total of $5.00. So, the grand total for my sales was $163.00. Rob's grand total was $5.10 for the two days. Ouch! The box of yarn I sold today will be going to a woman in Calgary who knits for orphans in the mountains of Mexico. That's why I sold the entire box for only $5.00. It went to a good cause and that feels good.

Because it was a neighbourhood garage sale, I did check out the "competition". All in all, four homes had sales. I was very good and only made one $2.00 purchase. That purchase? A baby doll (the size of a preemie... 10" chest) for my granddaughter. I'll be knitting some clothes for her new baby doll and will be gifting it to her, hopefully before her new cousin is born in September.

On the knitting front, I'm bad... very bad. I started a new tank top for me. It's the Heavenly Camisole from "The Knitter's Stash". I'm making it out of Regia Silk, in the creamy off-white colour. It's looking very nice; I have about 3 inches knitted already and spent part of my garage sale time today working on it. Even though sales were anything but brisk today, at least I was productive. I'll post pics when I'm a little further along on it.

Now, it's time to get back outside while the weather's still nice. Carol's son, daugher and son-in-law are visiting for the weekend. At the moment, though, they're out on the boat and John and I have some precious time alone. I mustn't waste it, right??

By the way, Strick madchen and Jane, next time you're in the neighbourhood, stop by and check out the craft supplies I STILL have! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment