Saturday, June 11, 2005

Garage Sale Day!

We're having a garage sale. It's a neighbourhood affair. All the houses on our street (10 or so) were asked if they'd like to participate in it, each house having it's own sale. Since we'd talked about it, we're in. It's my very first garage sale...ever. I don't do garage sales. I don't put them on; I don't shop them.

I'm slashing my stash. The majority of the items in this sale belong to me and it's mostly craft stuff. It's time to cut the clutter. *sigh*

Wish me luck.

2 comments:

  1. I hope it goes well for you. I love garage sales, it's like a treasure hunt for me. I wish I lived close to you, I'd stop by! Crafty things (actually knitting things/yarn) are very hard to find at garage sales.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish you were in our neighborhood! Craft items are few and far between at most garage sales and we usually spend Thursday, Friday & Saturday mornings during the season searching for treasure. I've had pretty good luck so far this season finding wool sweaters that can be taken apart and recycled - to date I've spent $17 and I have almost 300 ounces of yarn in various weight and colors. This last Thursday, I ran into a sale with shoes in my size (not very common) and for $3 brought home three pair - the price stickers on the boxes added up to $198. I admit it, I'm hooked {g}

    ReplyDelete