Thursday, June 02, 2005

Pictures of the Flower Basket

I think these turned out pretty good. They don't really give you an indication of the size, but I do like the pictures.





Now, to finish a few other projects, like the Devan sweater for Trinity and the socks for Kristen. I had no intention of starting anything else. Notice the word "had"? Well, that went out the window rather quickly. I tell you, working where I work is a very dangerous thing. I should get danger pay. There's this yarn that's been staring at me, willing me to touch it, feel it, caress it, do SOMETHING with it! When I showed my boss a picture (albeit a bad printout) of Knitty's W top, she said to go for it, make it for the store. Do you really think I needed any more of an incentive than that???

I'm working it in a gorgeous, bright (and I do mean bright) orange. It was either the orange or lime green, both equally bright and cheerful. I love orange. I love lime green. The orange was simply more seductive and I gave in. It's a fairly quick knit, as it's done on 5.5 mm needles. However, everything else will be put temporarily on hold. I figure that the sweater won't fit Trinity for a little while yet and it's not really handknit socks weather anymore, so.....

Today, I have the house to myself. Other than the possibility of a plumber coming by any time now (or maybe tomorrow morning), it's just me, the computer, my knitting and the lake. It's not the nicest of days, sweater weather really. But the day is mine. This afternoon, I'll venture into town to pick up coffee beans and a prescription and send Lisa's surprise out to her. This afternoon. For now, I'm relaxing and enjoying!

Speaking of Lisa's surprise, once I know she's gotten it, I'll post pictures of what I sent her. She's gotten in touch with me and her package will be going out to her today.

And I'm off to enjoy my day.. I hope you all enjoy yours, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment