Wednesday, June 15, 2005

Hey Baby!

On the weekend, I purchased (at our neighbourhood garage sale) a baby doll for my granddaughter, Trinity. She lives about four hours from me, so I'll giver her her doll next time she's here or I'm there. In the meantime, the poor little thing simply can't remain naked, right? So, as a good gramma should, I'm making clothes for her baby. (Trinity, by the way, is 14 months old and doesn't have a doll yet.)





I've made her a pair of socks already (if you're interested in the pattern for the doll socks, let me know and I'll post it) and am working on a little sweater. I'm using Sirdar's book, "Early Arrivals" as the basis of the doll clothing as the doll has a 10" chest and that's how small the patterns go in this book. I will have to alter the sleeve lengths, as the patterns all have a 2.5" sleeve length and that simply too short for the doll. I'll have to make the sleeves another inch longer, but that's not a problem.

Here's the back of the sweater. The left front is almost done, too, but I just couldn't finish it last night. I got to a point where I simply couldn't concentrate enough on the pattern and that's when you stop or you'll make mistakes. (I hate making mistakes.) I'll take it to work with me today and try to finish it there.



I had the last five days off and today, it's back to the store. For the full day today and a half day tomorrow. Then another four days off. Tough life, huh?

On a side note, I have to say that this weekend I've been very humbled by the response to my blog. I know people read it, but I really didn't realize that you actually LIKE to read it. I've been getting amazing feedback and it's flattering and humbling. Believe me when I say that I truly do appreciate all of you who take the time to read my ramblings and comment on what you read. Thank you... from the bottom of my heart.

2 comments:

  1. I read about 4 blogs every morning with your right up at the top. Verra interesting stuff. Still hoping to get down to K yet this summer, if so will bring a wheel just so I can sit on dock and spin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute doll socks! The last time I was in California visiting the grand-children, I crocheted a dress & panties for Megan's doll and brought a half finished jumper home to complete. Since then, I've found a book on doll clothes - only problem is that with a grandson & a granddaughter, I need to come up with boy type things to send at the same time that I send doll clothes. I didn't have that problem with two girls {g}.. Would you email me (janedevlin @ ameritech dot com)? I have a question on how you set up your blog so I can get it via the Yahoo page.

    ReplyDelete