Monday, June 27, 2005

FO Pictures

This is just a quickie post to show you the pictures of the Meadow Flowers shawl. The pattern is out of "The Knitter's Stash" by Melanie Falick and Barbara Albright, Interweave Press. It was a fun one to do. For the first time, I did an edging that's knit on to the shawl. All in all, I'm happy with the way it turned out even though I'm not a huge fan of garter stitch garments.







Now, I'd like to try an adult-sized Faroese-style shawl. I think I've found the pattern I'll try. It can be found here. I'm not sure when I'll start it, but I will make it at some point. In the meantime, I'm working on the Heavenly Camisole, also out of the Knitter's Stash. I'll try and get a progress pic of it this afternoon.

I have a feeling I won't be getting much knitting done this week. The Canada Day long weekend is coming up at the end of this week (July 1 is Canada Day) and two of my sisters are coming to visit on Thursday, one from Lethbridge, the other from Vancouver. And there's been painting going on in the house this past weekend that needs to be finished before they arrive.

Now, I need to dash... there's a shower calling me and then it's off to work. Enjoy your day!

3 comments:

  1. The shawl turned out very nice, I love the colors. The new possible shawl is also very neat, I like the different designs in it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The shawl is beautiful.

    Have a great Canada Day with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The shawl is gorgeous! I'm going to go check out the pattern again. ;-)
    I thought about your question about why I knit this weekend. (It was a great question). I think that part of the reason that I knit is to make things for those I love. I want them to see my love in the knitted item and to know that the hours I worked on it I was thinking of them. So I knit to express my gratitude and love for others. I also knit to save money (recycled sweaters into tops for me; socks for my boys) and to keep myself busy at all times.

    ReplyDelete