Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Three down, One to go

Charts, that is. I've completed three of the four charts for the Icarus shawl. Now, I have only 28 rows left to do. That's chart #4, with 24 rows, and the edging, consisting of 4 rows. Then it will be finished, off the needles, off my plate. So, will I finish it today? Nope.

Today, I'm finishing a project for a customer (second one for said customer). She doesn't like sewing things together and is uncomfortable picking up stitches to do the bands so she's paying me to do it for her. It's not something I do much of (for others, that is), but it helps to pay for some of my yarn, so occasionally I don't mind.

Just so you can see that I really have been working on Icarus, here's a pic I took this morning.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I've also been working on a sock. It's that "pick it up when you sit down for a few minutes" kind of project. I started doing just a plain old, ordinary kind of sock, but decided to change it up a bit. I'm calling it the "Hug My Ankles" sock. It starts out like an ordinary sock, but adds some ribbing along the sides, hugging (hopefully) the ankles. I hate socks that droop around the ankles and I figure this may stop that from happening. I'll carry half of the ribbing down the instep.. you'll see. I'll post another picture when I get that far.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

It's a little hard to see the ribbing yet, but it is there. I wonder if the Nanaimo bars are ready yet. A cup of tea and a Nanaimo bar (decadently sweet and chocolate-y yumminess), how does that sound for a healthy (*cough*) lunch?

For those of you who have no idea what a Nanaimo bar is, it is a Canadian (west coast, even) concotion that starts with a graham wafer chocolate base, then a layer of what can only be described as butter icing with some custard powder, and topped with a layer of semi-sweet chocolate. As I said, decadent, sweet, yummy. And, oh so rich!

Ask me for the recipe.

5 comments:

  1. Your Icarus looks beautiful. That pattern is on my "list". I like that sock yarn, pretty colors. What is it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm asking! It sounds absolutely decadent - just something to appeal after the day I had at the job today... (sigh, someday I will win the lottery - I hope).

    And I'm with Kirsten - what's the yarn, Ev? It's grand!

    Is John's eye is all better?

    ReplyDelete
  3. NANAIMO BARS FOR LUNCH???? shame on you. Shame on me for wanting to make them as soon as I read about them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aren't Nanaimo bars called a Boston Slice or something along those lines south of the border?

    Either way, they are evil.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Icarus is coming along nicely. Love the color yarn you are using. Your sock is bright and cheerful too. Great idea about adding ribbing to the side. I usually use a pattern down the leg for socks I'm giving as gifts just to they fit well.

    ReplyDelete