Sunday, October 08, 2006

October Moon

Knitting is in the background today. It's not that I'm not knitting, it's just that there really isn't anything new or exciting to show you. I'm knitting another Lacy Cantata Cap (pattern in my sidebar), this time out of a rust coloured Sirdar Country Style DK; I've picked up the Icarus shawl again, at least for today; I have plans for a couple more hats. Other than that, like I said, there really is nothing to show you.

So, feeling that I really should post something, I have a couple of pictures to share with you. Most of you know that we live on the banks of Lake Okanagan. It's October. We just had a full moon. Put the two together and you end up with......

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

John called me to look at the moon a couple of nights ago, and to bring the camera. I'm glad he did. A closer look at the moon? Sure, I can do that.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

You can even see the man in the moon's face!

For those of you who read this blog, and live in Canada, I wish you a happy Thanksgiving weekend. We truly have a lot to be thankful for. Enjoy every blessing with a thankful heart.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing the beautiful pictures! I have relatives in the Okanagan and have spent many wonderful vacations there. You are fortunate to have such lovely scenery right out your door.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are beautiful pictures!
    I too enjoyed that moon. I was on a boat on the Hudson River, and watched the moon rise over the Manhattan skyline. It was an incredible night.

    ReplyDelete