Monday, October 16, 2006

2:00 already???

Where has this day gone? I've done almost no knitting today (other than one little baby bootie... pictures another time). Does that qualify as a wasted day?

No, I can't say that it has been. I did knit on the weekend and finished (yes, finished!) these...

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Anyone who visits the Knitty web site will recognize these as Knucks, without the embroidery. If you're not familiar with Knitty, where have you been hiding? You can find the pattern by clicking here. They were fun and reasonably quick to knit; I did one on Friday and one on Saturday. If John's nice to me, I may even make a pair for him!

Oh yes, the yarn! It's Grignasco Top Print, colour #75, 50 grams, 100 mt. or 110 yards, 100% alpaca. One ball was enough for the Knucks with only a few yards left. It's nice and soft and warm (I like warm!).

I have a website to share with you. Reading a fellow blogger's post one day, I came across a link to Garnstudio.com. Talk about a goldmine! Just in English, there are over 1500 free patterns. Do check it out, and if you know of other websites along the same line, let me know. I'll post it in my "Links" section.

There are still a few things I need/want to do before John gets home from work, so I'll end this post with a picture I took today. One of the things on my to-do list today was "go for a walk"; I went, camera in hand. I took quite a few pictures. This is one. As well, in the Links section, I've put a link to a web page with a series of pictures I took. I've named the series "Detritus". There is a wooded section between our road and the main road; during the summer, there are often squatters staying in one area, away from the homes. Unfortunately, when they leave, they do not take their garbage with them. That's what this series of photos depicts. Makes you think...

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

1 comment:

  1. Hey, I love your blog . . . and your knitting. Downloaded Lacy Cantata Cap pattern, but haven't tried it yet. Thanks! Especially love the owl!
    Sally

    ReplyDelete