Tuesday, December 13, 2005

So.....no pics today

I finished one of the Regia cotton socks. Did I mention how much I like that yarn? It feels really nice on the ball (100 gm ball), feels nice knitting it and feels just as nice on the feet. And I love the colours. The one I knitted up (one sock, mind you) makes me think of a Mexican fiesta or something. It's got orange, yellow, white, green, brown... very summery, fun colours.

It also has an afterthought heel (which, I discovered, is also known as a peasant heel). That worked out perfectly. You should see it.

So, why am I telling you about it rather than showing you? I took it to work with me yesterday, put it with the sock yarn so anyone coming in could see how the yarn knits up. And left it there.

I was going to take a picture of it so you could see how well it turned out, but now I won't be able to show you until Friday, my next day off. I will tell you that I'm very happy with the way the sock turned out. I'm glad I tried the afterthought heel again. This time, I picked up two extra stitches at each corner and knitted one stitch together with the first and last stitch on each side. Does that make sense? One side of the sock still has a bit of a loose spot, not a hole really, but I can live with that. I've got the second sock on the needles, but for today I'll be working on the Opal sock (pictures soon, I promise) and the last of the reversible hats.

No comments:

Post a Comment