Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Of Mice and Men

How many mice qualify as an infestation? As of midnight last night, we caught five of them in twenty-four hours and have cleaned out the pantry closet (and all containers) thoroughly with soapy water and bleach, threw out some dry goods that had been obviously targeted and some we weren't sure of. Hopefully, we won't catch any more.

We've been keeping the mousetraps loaded and will be watching them and the closets for the next weeks.

In the meantime, I've been working on the Opal socks.



Not much difference in these two, is there? I'm quite impressed. Obviously, this is after I had finished the second sock, minus the heel. Before long, the socks looked like this...



They started out as almost identical socks, but ended up as fraternals. I don't mind that at all. I debated whether or not to go for identical and decided I wasn't going to bother. I have no problem with fraternal socks.

The details?

Yarn: Opal Rodeo Colour #1156, 75% superwash wool, 25% nylon
Needles: 2.25 mm double pointed needles
64 stitches, 1x1 rib for 1", then 3x1 rib for leg (6") and instep. Standard toe and afterthought heel. Any other questions?

I like the yarn; I like the colours; I'd use it again. Now, on with Guinevere... and the other Regia Cotton sock... and... well, you get the picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment