Monday, August 01, 2005

Introducing the "Creeping Vines" Socks

Here's the first sock of the pair. It came off the needles just an hour ago and I think I like it!





All I need to do now is finish writing up the pattern and then knit the second sock. Not necessarily in that order. The pattern is a 22 stitch repeat, so the socks are done on 66 stitches. The heel is worked on 34 stitches and when I did the gusset shaping, I brought the stitch count down to 64 stitches in total for the foot. It's worked in Regia Silk, in a dark green. I love the yarn; I've done a few pairs of socks in it already (it washes very well) and am also using the Regia Silk for the Heavenly Cami.

Once I have the pattern ready, I think I'll post it here. I was debating whether or not to sell it through the store, but seeing as I've gotten some lovely patterns through some of the Yahoo groups I'm in, I've decided to post this pattern here on my blog for anyone who'd like to try it. I should have it up within the next couple of days.

Note: The pattern is now in the sidebar. If you do use this pattern, let me know what you think. If you find any errors or omissions, again, please let me know and I'll make the necessary corrections. If you do make these socks, I'd love to see them!

6 comments:

  1. I love your sock, Ev. It's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your sock is beautiful, and how generous of you to offer to post the pattern for free! Jeanie Townsend's sock-knitting group is indeed an inspiration, isn't it? I have some beautiful Lorna's Laces in a cedar green that looks as though it would be perfect for this pattern - eagerly awaiting the "recipe"! --KarenK

    ReplyDelete
  3. The sock looks fabulous, thanks for sharing the pattern.
    I wanted to mention...tried your star toe and love it. I think that will become my sock toe of choice.
    I'll be in Kelowna in a few weeks and plan to visit Art of Yarn. Perhaps I'll see you there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh... they are beautiful!!!!
    I love them in that colour!

    Hugs from Norway
    Virtuella

    http://virtuella.blogdrive.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh, I *have* to do those socks. Just curious. Is your link to the Kiri up to date with the changes in the first three rows or not? I'd like to use it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much! I think this pattern is just gorgeous. I can't wait to knit it up myself. Wonderful work.

    ReplyDelete