Sunday, July 31, 2005

Bitten by design

I must admit, I'm having a lot of fun doing some designing. I've written about the scarf. It's coming along, not as quickly as it should be, but it's coming along. This week, I've also done a new sock design. I have the first sock just past the heel. I think it's looking pretty good. I'm not going to post a picture yet, but once the socks are done, I will.

Even writing out the pattern isn't as big a job as I expected it to be. The sock has lace patterning (did I mention I like lace?) and I have the pattern charted already. Now, it's just a matter of keeping track of what I do for the remainder of the sock and then finishing up the actual pattern.

One thing I'm discovering is that as you start one design, other ideas come to mind. It's almost like opening a flood gate. I don't know if anyone else experiences that same phenomonon, but it's kind of neat. I'll ride with it, keeping a note pad and a pencil handy at all times.

No comments:

Post a Comment